Reporting to: Campus Manager, National Sales & Marketing Manager, Career Marketing
Hours: 45 hours, Full Time, Normal Hours 08:00am to 16:30pm, Min two Saturdays per
month 09:00am to 13:00pm or as required for school events/ campus events.
Purpose of the position
Tertiary Education Consultants promote the CTU Brand; build relationships with TOP
FEEDER schools as specified and confirmed by Head Office. Tertiary Education Consultants
generate a marketing database by presenting to Grade 8 to 12 learners at various schools
and events allocated to their region and as specified by Head Office. Tertiary Education
Consultants create promotional events and functions on campus to generate sales. Tertiary
Education Consultants are required to create a strong presence at the various schools and
the surrounding campus region. Tertiary Education Consultants will market various school
solutions in order to build strong relations with schools.
Responsibilities & Duties
- School & Client Relations/ Business development
- Required to build relationships with key people at schools / teachers/ principles/
parents/ prospective students
- Schedule and complete presentations to grade 12 & 11 learners.
- Create opportunity for first contact with learners from Grade 8 to 10.
- Build relationships with funding and student loan organizations
- Address customer concerns and issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Database/lead generation
- Responsible for booking school appointments with TOP FEEDER schools, present to
Grade 11 and 12 learners. These bookings might be extended to earlier grades
where and if required.
- Generate and manage the data collection against a given target
- Generate no less than 60 – 80% of school learners in the allocated region
- Ensure quick delivery of information cards to the campus after a presentation to
ensure quick feedback to leads with all CTU information
- Create events and opportunities that will ensure high lead conversion
- Create a customer service/customer experience programme on campus that will
ensure customer retention and minimize cancellation
- Work closely with the campus team, student advisors, facilitators to ensure maximum
attendance at events that will secure enrolments
Overall marketing & generate enrolments
- Drive brand loyalty.
- Execute marketing plans.
- Book appointments with schools | teachers | prospects and their parents
- Liaise with the student advisors as required for consultations & events
- Involved in the recruitment of the students for the next year intake
- Mining and contacting of the career database
- Scheduling appointments/consultations according to the school/campus targets set
- Contact with the database as required for events
- Work against strict activity and financial targets
- Keep in touch with the registered prospects once a month
- Registering and enrolling students monthly/quarterly against given targets
- Involved with awareness campaigns for the allocated region
- Attend and organize CTU CAMPUS events for example Open day’s & Open weeks
- Branding/ awareness and CTU representation when are where required, together
with Campus and Senior management
- Marketing various school solutions (i.e. Teacher training) in order to build sound
- Attend trade shows and events to market product.
- Overall awareness and presence at schools/ events and region
- Overall promotion for the campus
- Create a CTU experience for current students (SRC / Student live) that will create a
positive environment, referrals etc.
- Devise marketing campaigns with the goal of increasing product awareness and
increasing sales and profits.
- Plan, organize, and execute marketing and sales programs.
- Act as the point persons for outside, inside and partner sales teams.
- Work closely with marketing teams to create programs.
- Support all company initiatives, give actionable feedback, share best practices and
serve as advocate and information source for company.
- Effective lead generation through school relations
- Generate leads and secure sales.
- Plan roadshows/ enrolment drives at various distant locations
- Determine product/service value delivered throughout customer operations and
effectively communicate value to customers to promote new applications and sales.
- Improve forecast performance of business through thorough understanding of
underlying demand assumptions.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competition, and new opportunities
- Develop field-marketing plans for improving sales and profitability.
- Assist the team in planning and scheduling marketing campaigns, tradeshows,
conferences, industry meetings, etc.
- Recommend innovative and creative marketing approaches for revenue growth.
- Provide sales support and guidance to team for product positioning.
- Monitor field-marketing programs regularly to evaluate the efficiency and
- Be energetic and hardworking and should be able to communicate well with
teachers, prospective students, current students and sponsors
- Research local competitors
- Record keeping of marketing workbook, stats and CRM
- Monitor and manage expenditures.
- Recommend marketing techniques and tactics based on changing business
The Tertiary Education Consultant is highly presentable and fluent in more than one language
as required for the relevant region. A CTU career marketer is a positive, influential individual
that is always on time, well prepared and a knowledgeable source of information to the prospective client.
The Tertiary Education Consultant has high standards and communicates
well and professional. The Tertiary Education Consultant is a CTU brand ambassador and
should always represent according to the image, as set out by the Executive management
Academic & trades qualifications Essential qualifications Education
- Sales and or Marketing beneficial
Work experience & skills Experience
- Experience in academic advising or related careers in post-secondary education is
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Personal qualities & behavioural traits Essential qualities or behaviours Core Competencies:
- Above average presentation skills
- Building Rapport
- Client/Customer Awareness
- Interpersonal Relations
- Listening Skills
- Organizing /Planning Ability
- Personal Work Ethic
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Computer Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Consultative Skills
- Energy Level
- Influencing Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Learning Ability
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Team Skills
- Technical Knowledge/Proficiency
- Tolerance of Stress
- Written Skills
Details of relationships relevant to this role
- This position will be trained by the National Sales Manager with ongoing support and supervision
- Primary support will be given by the Campus Manager on campus level
- Secondary support will be given by the Career Marketing Director and National Sales Manager
- External campus support will be provided by the Social Media Administration Team