Position Name Senior Customer Experience Designer
Duration 12 Months
Reports to Principal Specialist Customer Experience Design
Division Business Transformation Office Department Business Transformation Office
Location South Africa, Johannesburg, Randburg
*NB: All contractors are required to provide their own Laptops, Internet connectivity including as required, Data Cards/Wi-Fi/Mobile Devices, Mobile Phones and all tools necessary for the execution of their day to day activities.
Summary of the Role
Senior Customer Experience Designer
- The CX journey designer will form part of the larger CX team that is led by the MCG CX lead.
- The journey designer deliverables will be limited to the areas allocated to them by the MCG CX lead.
- The MCG CX lead will remain accountable for the QA, approval / sign off the overall workstream outputs
- CX journeys and linked narratives as required for the GT build
- CX narratives, numbered, indexed and mapped to the GT and the scope items
- Agreed wireframes and/or flows to assist with the digital designs
- Any additional CX design work as reasonably requested from the CX Lead
Key Performance –
Tasks for Senior Customer Experience Designer
- To work with the CX team under the direction and oversight of MCG CX lead
- Engage, where necessary, the program business resources and BAU agreed
stakeholders to analyse and understand the landscape to craft CX journeys.
- Utilising all the insights, CX design tools such as the Persona Handbooks and
Best State customer journeys, available strategy documents, develop the CX
narratives that will play out the best state customer experience for the
specific scenarios linked to personas
- Do validation with all stakeholders as per the agreed ways of work.
- Ensure journeys are aligned to the program (Global Template) features and
scope as defined by the product owners
- Walk throughs with all the relevant teams (e.g. Digital/technical etc) to
ensure a clear understanding of the ideal customer experience.
- Once narratives are created and validated, follow through on the process to
ensure that it is modelled accurately by the Business & Process analysis
- Make recommendations and proposals for solutions or improvements that
can be achieved and attained through new ways of doing things
- Make any subsequent changes to narratives as per agreement with the CX
and Business leads
- Participate in the Agile Ceremonies as required by the CX Lead
- Ensure document version control, numbering, indexing and tracking of
changes as agreed with the MC CX lead and principle
- Create low fidelity wireframes or flows for the different digital channels as
and when requested and agreed by the CX Lead and/or principle to assist the
digital teams with the designs.
- Manage and tracks risks and issues associated to the process.
- Ensure timeous reporting on progress and keep the CX Lead informed on all
delays or deviations from the project plan
- Review and validate journeys against TM Forum and Salesforce/Vlocity/CSG
processes and requirements and drives standardization across the group to
drive minimal customization.
- Report any deviation as a result of validation and discussion with
stakeholders and obtain approval to proceed.
- Review and preliminary approval of UAT Test scenarios and test cases to
ensure alignment against the customer narratives designed with proposal to
- CX lead for approval or rejection based on review.
- Formal customer experience qualification will be an advantage
- Certificate Programme in Business Analysis or similar
- Knowledge of the MultiChoice business, country landscapes, products and services (highly preferable) and/or Customer
experience knowledge and journey design skills
- Must have very good analytical skills – BA background will be ideal as the person need to know how to frame the customer design work in such a way that the BA team can use the narratives and translate into user stories to functional
and non-functional requirements.
- Experience to translate CX work into LF wireframes as input into the digital designs if required or, at least have worked with Digital teams to help them do the translation.
- A good understanding of the Africa landscape and customers.
- Exposure to Agile methodology will definitely be an advantage.