Senior Consultant: Data Engineer – Job Description
We are looking for a Senior Consultant: Data Engineer who is a highly analytical person with a knack for data analysis, manipulation and modelling. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. The candidate should display a passion for data analysis and manipulation.
Responsible for understanding and driving the overall technical vision and planning of an organisation and translating business needs into technical strategy. An understanding of inter-dependencies between various systems and infrastructure is key to ensure alignment to the overall strategy.
The ideal candidate will also be involved in designing and building data management solutions, developing architecture to analyse and process data in a manner that adds value to the organisation.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Undertake to preprocess of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Data Modelling (Relational and Star Schema).
- Database design.
- Database development.
- Data Warehouse Design – Build and Development.
- Database Administration.
- Database Performance Tuning and Optimisation.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
- An understanding and hands on experience on Hadoop/Spark based distributed storage and computing frameworks.
- Real-time analytics and batch processing.
- Strong experience in architecting analytical applications in cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
To apply for this job please visit www.jcmconsult.co.za.