Qualified Actuary – Job Description
This position will involve the successful candidate running a small team and working closely with the Head of the Actuarial department, being responsible for items such as:
- Budgets and forecasting;
- Interacting with business to maximise value creation;
- Automation projects;
- Training / mentoring junior staff;
- Experience investigations for the Group;
- Embedded value calculations
- Analysis of change in Embedded Value
- Consolidation and analyses of Group results.
This position would be ideal for a candidate with the following:
- 10 years or more of insurance industry experience (at least 3 of which are post qualification), in particular, Embedded value and the analysis in the change thereof will be beneficial;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and Excel skills;
- Experience with using actuarial modelling software such as Basys, Prophet or Moses, as well as experience with Qlikview or SQL will count in the candidate’s favour.
To apply for this job please visit www.jcmconsult.co.za.