Manager: Legal Operations – Job Description
A legal expenses insurance company is looking for a Manager with exposure to claims management in the short term
insurance sector with a minimum of 2 years previous experience in a Management role.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Providing support to junior management, the claims team in directing and overseeing the Claims operations
across the various channels and various stakeholders
- Aptitude to provide Senior management with relevant reports in terms of performance of the Claims team
- Strong legal knowledge and exposure to Civil, criminal and labour claims
- Improving the customer service experience to create engaged customers and be able to implement initiatives
driven towards TCF and NPS
- Support and assist Senior Management in developing and deploying customer care strategies and operational
plans focused towards the achievement of the objectives of the business.
- Demonstrate understanding of short term regulatory requirements – legal, risk , compliance, POPIA and
internal control management across operations
- Management and tracking of key metrics for the division – proactively deploy plans to address high risks
- Capable of identifying and initiating changes in terms of claims processes to benefit the customer experience.
- Engage with a team of skilled Legal Advisors, Specialist Advisors and Junior Advisors and support, guide and
develop them towards the achievement of the company objectives.
- Determine training needs of direct reports and assist with developing career paths for talented members of the
- Hold staff accountable to adherence to policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Analytical skills to address and understand the data communicated and define action plans through the
identification of trends; recommending system improvements or process changes.
- Foster a culture of performance coaching, goal setting to ensure a positive team culture with strong positive
engagement within the division
- You must be able to multitask, work under pressure
- Technically proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and word
- People Management Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Quality Management
- Results Driven
- Foster Teamwork
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Meets deadlines
- Displays excellent communication skills
- Report writing skills
- B Comm LLB degree / Admitted attorney
- Previous experience in a claims management role will be advantageous.
To apply for this job please visit www.jcmconsult.co.za.