Junior Engineer – Job Description
We are looking for a dynamic self-driven Junior Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate should hit the ground running and be willing to walk a path with the company. The candidate will be appointed as a consultant, working with various client collaborating with them to solve their problems while adding value. The successful candidates must be willing to travel.
- Tertiary degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Master’s degree will be beneficial
- Practical experience will be beneficial in industrial, mining, machinery and/or plant environments: o Have been part of a maintenance team for at least 6 months
- Shutdown experience
- Standby experience
- Experience in drawing interpretation (e.g. CADP&ID’s, PFD’s, design drawings), C&NI systems and components, piping and pumping systems, process plants, design and mining
- Must have a valid driver license and own means of transportation
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be computer literate (Proficient in Excel, VBA, Visio is a bonus)
- Relationship building will form a critical part of this role
- Must be detail and deadline orientated
- Must be able to work from home and on site
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and team members, both verbal and non-verbal • Self-motivated, self-disciplined and detail orientated
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Inductive Reasoning: The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events) • Selective Attention: The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Create Mechanical Designs and Drawings: Must be capable to create highly detailed design schematics for various components of a project.
- Write Precise Calculations: This requires writing out precise calculations before any hands-on mechanical work begins.
- Test Products for Functionality: Calculations must be tested and retested to isolate problems with mechanical equipment. Must be capable to re-engineer products when problems are found and recalculate to return equipment to full functionality.
- Prepare Reports for Senior Engineers: Will need to create detailed reports and summaries of ongoing projects to keep their supervisors up-to-date.
- Collaborate with Engineering Team: Must be capable to manage some projects alone, but in most cases will be expected to work as part of an engineering team. It will require frequent communication and daily collaboration to make sure all aspects of the project are being addressed, and to ensure that no one is working on the same problem at the same time. • Need to be able to develop and write commissioning plans.
- Be able to drive processes needed to procure necessary equipment to support maintenance, improvement and production while also being able to maintain related engineering/spares/maintenance/reliability spreadsheets
- Visit power plant for on-site support and to observe the construction progress. • Analyse data and provide recommendations which result in producing better outcomes and/or outputs by relevant equipment and or process streams.
- Must be capable to identify the real need to the client and be able to ascertain whether the requirements states addressed the needs identified sufficiently.
- Do checks on all machines as per standard norms on periodical basis for the proper functioning and drafted technical reports of findings for use by engineering change management. • Follow quality control inspections and implanted those improvements.
- Will require insight related to plant layouts and operability, in order to improve production efficiency.
- Insight into automation and process control will be required and should lead to minimization of manufacturing costs.
To apply for this job please visit www.jcmconsult.co.za.