Cloud Architect Job Description
- Responsible for the general development and design of robust, scalable, and cloud-based platforms.
- Help the organizations manage their cloud computing architecture.
- Serve as a CLOUD Subject Matter specialist for executing and overseeing cloud computing strategy.
- Responsible for mapping cloud adoption plans, application design, and cloud management and monitoring.
- Work together with a team of application developers, engineers, and designers to deliver innovative technology solutions.
- Manage application architecture requirements and operation in cloud environments.
- As a subject matter expert, you must also actively contribute your knowledge of modern software development techniques and the design of services that utilize recent technologies and architecture to produce services that meet customers’ needs.
- Lead the team of engineers and IT specialists to design effective, efficient, scalable, and secure applications within the organization’s Cloud software platform
- Ensure that solutions created by the development team stick to technical architecture standards
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering, Information Technology, or in any other relevant field.
- 5+ years of cognate experience, solid experience with AWS and Google cloud, and exceptional understanding of cloud computing technologies and modern computing trends.
- Relevant cloud certifications (such as Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect/Data Engineer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer)
Experience and knowledge with the following:
- Solid experience designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- Profound knowledge of full software development lifecycle processes, enterprise application software installation and maintenance, integrating with third-party applications through API interfaces and other means.
- Introduce cloud adoption and ensure a smooth transition.
- Understand networking to create secure and scalable cloud-based solutions.
- Translate project needs into a cloud structure that suits the requirements of the specific organization.
- Design cloud environments to ensure it meets the needs of the organization.
- Oversee and ensure cloud security.
- Understanding of the DevOps process and deploying applications to the cloud.
- Train and guide staff on cloud structures.
- Ensure the cloud structure is operating at full efficiency.
- Work and communicate effectively with clients to efficiently implement their cloud strategy needs.
- Work with virtualization technologies for the most effective server management.
- Communicate with staff and higher-ups to align strategies.
- Write and present different findings and techniques.
- Lead and manage teams to propel a business into a successful cloud future. Have excellent leadership and management skills, with excellent communicative abilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.jcmconsult.co.za.