DevOps Engineer Job Description:
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a vital role in software development lifecycle and contribute your strong DevOps automation skills and deep knowledge of cloud-native best practices in implementing dockerized container based microservices. The role includes creation of automation pipelines for infrastructure automation and CI/CD, provisioning and managing multiple environments on cloud (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud), configuration management, troubleshooting, monitoring, alerting. You will lead by examples and contribute to implementation of the application lifecycle — requirements, architecture design, developments and build, integration and release configuration, system testing, production operations, application optimization, and best practices adoption. Throughout these interactions, you will build strong relationships with your customers and build state-of-the-art DevOps solution, in partnership with colleagues.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in Software Engineering and DevOps.
- Minimum 3 years in building DevOps automation and cloud-native architecture platforms.
- Hands on experience with:
- Orchestration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Azure DevOps, AWS DevOps or equivalent
- Container platforms – docker, kubernetes, service mesh in cloud hosted environments
- Deploying and publishing microservices APIs on kubernetes through Helm charts
- Implementing and configuring kubernetes ingress controller or service mesh
- Ingress/egress traffic routing on kubernetes cluster and service-services communication
- Cloud PaaS resources in an automated, repeatable fashion through a combination of Deployment Orchestration, Git Repo’s, Container registries, Key stores, Databases, Storage
- Setting up code scanning and testing tools and incorporating automated testing in pipelines
- Scripting languages PowerShell, Shell, Python
- Any Centralized Logging and Monitoring – EFK, Splunk, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Application Insights, AWSCloudWatch, AWSCloudTrail
- Multi-environments management in a full agile delivery model (mix of on-premise and cloud platforms)
- Understands cloud native architectures, patterns, application deployments and operations
- Well versed with any of the programming languages Java, Spring boot, node.js, kotlin
- French/English bilingual
- Bsc. Computer Science, or Engineering
- Experience deploying container-based systems into a Hybrid Cloud environment
- Experience in designing and architecting hybrid cloud solutions
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Certification in one of the cloud platforms – AWS, Azure or GCP
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven success working in a distributed team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit www.jcmconsult.co.za.