Data Engineer – Job Description
Award winning digital solutions company is looking for a Data Engineer passionate about data and analytics with an eye for detail. In this role, you will be engaged in complex and interesting problems with the opportunity to be
exposed to varied and interesting technology stacks.
The successful candidate should have the following experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a data engineer.
- Experience in database design and database management.
- Experience in data analysis and business intelligence.
- A sound understanding of data management principles including data quality assurance and data governance.
- Experience in source code and version control systems.
- Experience in master data management and the implementation and maintenance thereof.
- Experience in the shipment of data using various methods such as ETL etc.
- Experience in the implementation of data visualisation systems/technologies.
- Experience in querying and manipulating data in data virtualization and data warehousing systems.
- Experience in MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Python, R, Redshift.
- Experience in MS Azure.
- Able to engage with clients and senior executives on a regular basis.
Essential Skills and Knowledge.
- Maintain any Data Systems.
- Analyse requirements defined by business stakeholders.
- Implement enhancements and new features across the following Data Systems:
- Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Reporting Infrastructure.
- ETL Landscape.
- Data Virtualization Platform.
- Master Data Management.
- Upskill on the technologies used at clients.
- Ensure Data Quality and Data Governance is in place across the whole Data Infrastructure.
- Improve and help streamline processes within the Data Systems team.
- Provide guidance to more junior Data Engineers.
- Adhere to internal the project management methodologies used by clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.jcmconsult.co.za.