Campus Business Development Manager – Job
The business development manager is in charge of developing business solutions. The main goal is to generate more revenue for the company. The position will manage client accounts and come up with new sales ideas. This includes new sales strategies, sales pitches, and business plans.
The position will prospect new business by advertising, cold calling, networking, or other methods of producing interest from potential clients. The position will design persuasive approaches and proposals to convert potential clients into business customers. By presenting new solutions and services to clients, you will develop and maintain existing accounts. Working with marketing, technical staff, and mid and senior level management facilitates managing the activities of workers charged with developing business for the corporation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect for potential clients and convert them into increased business opportunities
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Present new products and services to improve existing relationships.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
- Engage internal and external contacts
- Recognize opportunities for distribution channels, services, and campaigns that will result in sales
- Ensure all levels of staff portray the corporation in the best light
- Research and cultivate an accurate perception of the organization’s mission and goals
- Forecast sales objectives and ensure they are fulfilled by the business development team
- Submit and ensure data is accurate on weekly progress reports
- Attend industry functions, including conferences and association events, and contribute information and feedback on upcoming market trends
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
5 years sales management of a business unit
- Time Management
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of SAQA and related Acts
- Conflict Management
- Customer focus
- Administrative skills
- Query resolution
- Good communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Sales and Marketing experience
To apply for this job please visit www.jcmconsult.co.za.