BI Developer / Analyst -Job Description
Our client is a dominant local SaaS provider in the Customer Experience industry with a growing international presence. Using modern technology, research methods and analytical techniques
- Coordinate with business analysts to develop requirements and technical specification documents.
- Develop reports and dashboards based on customer requirements.
- Perform data warehouse design and modelling according to established standards.
- Assist in implementing effective business intelligence practices that drive improved decision making, efficiency and performance.
- Collaborating with the Dev Ops team to maintain and optimize business intelligence tools.
- Collaborating with the Developer and Product team to understand the product vision and system functionality to develop enriched and optimal insights.
- Assisting the Service Operations team in supporting client BI queries and requests.
- Planning and scheduling report releases and deployments.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving related to business intelligence tools and incidents pertaining to reports and dashboard.
- Creating custom data extracts on request.
- Perform continuous reporting and improvement on existing processes and procedures.
- Engage in active knowledge sharing and team mentoring where appropriate.
Required Skill Sets and Experience
The following key skills and experience will be looked for in the candidate:
- A relevant 3-year university, preferably in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 5 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL and excellent/advanced SQL query abilities.
- At least 5 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Data Warehousing.
- At least 5 years of experience working in Business Intelligence.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Able to pick up new skills and knowledge through self-learning and do not see themselves as specialists in one technology or paradigm.
- Ability to prioritise and work in a team while understanding external dependencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively across teams.
Personality and Disposition
The candidate must exhibit the following key personality traits:
- Have high work ethic and be able to work under pressure, with emphasis on quality and attention to detail.
- Be able to work independently with little supervision when necessary but understands the value of teamwork, in an environment that strongly encourages teamwork.
- Have proven ability to manage concurrent and complex tasks on a regular basis.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and decision-making ability, stepping up and taking initiative when necessary.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- An openness to work with others and build on team input. The individuals cannot be myopic in their outlook. Strong teamwork will be required.
- Be willing to admit when wrong, owning mistakes and seeing them through to correction. Is not driven by ego but rather the success of their team.
- A drive to get things done, irrespective of obstacles. The individual must be committed to meeting any deadline that they commit to, regardless of obstacles.
- An ability to see possibilities beyond the obvious. Innovation is a key dimension.
- The ability to deal with complexity and migrate between detail and high-level requirements.
- They must have a pride in their work and a desire to always deliver perfection.
- They must have a passion for technology and technical developments.
- They must read broadly and keep abreast of the latest technology trends.
- The individual must have a strong desire for self-learning and be prepared to make the investment in learning and self-development.
- Must be in possession of a valid South African work permit or be a South African Citizen.
- Must be able to work both remotely and on site.
To apply for this job please visit www.jcmconsult.co.za.