Account Managers – Job Description
Our client works closely with its clients in Financial Services and provides them with a range of services and products within the payments space.
- Our clients’ advisors, the consulting arm of our client provides advisory support to the clients of our client in the areas of business growth, Customer acquisition, Customer retention, collections, and credit/risk management activities.
- In order to work closely with its key Customers, our clients’ advisors provide Account Manager support to these Customers who work closely with the C-suite of the Customers on the areas mentioned above. • Our clients’ Advisors in in the process of contracting with new clients in South Africa and would like to onboard Account Managers to manage these new set of accounts as and when they get contracted (expected to be finalized in the next two months).
- The Account Managers will work with specific Customers of our client who could be either large retailers or fintech’s based in South Africa. Initially, each resource will be responsible for managing one Customer, but this could grow to 2-3 Customers in the future.
- At a high level, the Account Manager is expected to:
o partner with the assigned Customers to help them achieve specific business goals that jointly drive market share, volume, and revenue growth for the Customer as well as for Mastercard.
o focus on the delivery and support of payment solutions and projects, while leveraging MasterCard’s strong brand, technology, operations, and risk platforms to deliver bottom line results to Customers. Target outcomes/ project deliverables / KRA’s
Area of work – advisory support to the Customer
- Collaborate with the Customer to establish and execute annual business plans and quarterly review sessions to establish, monitor and report progress against joint objectives.
- Communicate and consult with the Customer regarding product knowledge and card industry knowledge. • Deliver on long-term strategies and tactics for Customers to increase Customer’s profitability. • Analyse the Customer’s business through profitability modelling, financial forecasting, and competitive analysis.
Area of work – project management support
- Resolves day-to-day technical/operational issues and escalates as appropriate.
- Performs account training and/or retraining functions. London | Mumbai | Delhi | Cape Town | Singapore • Notifies Customer accounts of product enhancement releases that changes services or enhances functionalities.
- Regularly contacts Customer to check if their support needs are met and no open issues remain and resolve them.
- Improves product offerings by communicating Customer feedback to Product Management and Engineering • Identifies Customer needs and arranges for training and communication of enhancements. • Ensures Customer’s compliance with all our clients’ technology enhancements.
Area of work – deepening of Customer relationship
- Coordinate and integrate business development, advertising, marketing and product management activities with the Customer and internal MasterCard contacts to identify new business opportunities and product ideas. • Delivers Issuer solutions which enhance mutual profitability.
- Negotiate win-win product and service agreements.
Required Skill Sets and Experience
- Total years of experience: 8-15 Years
- Experience of 2-3 years at a management level
- The individual will be engaging with the C-Suite, hence past experience will need to support this. • The individual must have payments experience (Credit, Debit, Prepaid, etc.) with market and industry knowledge Issuing experience is a must have.
- Must integrate knowledge across multiple disciplines (i.e. Operations, Project Management, Marketing and Sales).
- Good data analysis skills, project management experience and presentation skills Optional/good to have skills/experience:
- Experienced at being primary/key contact when managing Customer accounts. Soft skills required: • Proactive personality; demonstrated persistence in resolving issues and developing opportunities. • Effective influence management and consultative selling skills; able to achieve results with little direct authority over resources.
- Demonstrated success in project management, focused on specific operational and technical aspects of Customers’ accounts and implementing technical solutions.
To apply for this job please visit www.jcmconsult.co.za.